This.Is.The.Beginning.End.

_______________________________________________

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

An Open Invitation

Dear You,

What I love about you is your timeliness, you never let anything just sit and wait. You have great gumption and drive; these are qualities I admire (read, lack myself) and are the reason I am your friend. Anne Frankly, I am the center of your rather dull and uninteresting life -regaling you with stories of my adventures as the stereotypical Baby Boomlet wunderkind.

For example, I am waiting to hear back about an internship this summer in Salt Lake at a capital investment firm in their marketing dept. Should be interesting, if I get it. Otherwise I am going to travel to Europe - France, Spain, Morocco, Greece, Sweden...and Ceska Republika? Could be, but don't hold your breath, I am notorious for changing travel plans.

I don't know if you got wind of it, but after moving hundreds of miles away and having less and less contact, I have finally let Ellie go. I just hope she can pick up the pieces and move on with her with life in some kind of meaningful way. Perhaps she can find someone to mend the broken heart I've left. If she's lucky, there might even be some guy from her past who has still kept the torch burning and will wisk her away to married life in Utah. Wouldn't that be just the ticket. Here's hoping.

I on the other hand have nothing but blue skies ahead of me, what with working as a professional temp, taking online classes and living at home again at 25 (26 on the 26th this month). What more could I ask for!? Besides the community my folks have moved to has a pool, weight room and gorgeous grounds. And the wisdom and experience of the people who live here is ever-flowing. Gosh, that "greatest generation" really have the stories and opinions to convinve themselves that they are.

So, come down anytime. Please, soon. I need a distraction. I need an escape strategy!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

are you okay? I miss you

Collin said...

So okay. Trying not to fray at the edges though. I am waiting to hear about an internship in SLC for the summer and am looking for one for the fall. I could do it in Calfornia! But where?

Anonymous said...

how about pinney insurance center?

Collin said...

Yes!! I'll come work for your family. Where do I send a resume

Andrew said...

hooray for the greatest generation! thanks for the enormous debt! and thanks for proliferating the idea that war solves all problems financial and social! we should issue an extermination order for people over a certain age. maybe we will be able to recoup some of the social security money they have been stealing for years.
i think i have decided to be an artist. it removes any expectations that could be put on me. "why isnt andrew married?" "oh yea, it is because he is one of those artist types." i am fine waking up in a warehouse every morning and looking around and seeing only things that help me create "stuff" that doesnt do any good for society. i like meaningless stuff, it has much more worth to me than having a particular end table that holds a particular lamp. now THAT is insanity.

Kari said...

I would SO love to fly my way to Florida! If wishes were fishes...

Wish I had a job for you here! Think internationally. Think globally. Think England.