This.Is.The.Beginning.End.

_______________________________________________

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One a Month

I am doing well at consistently posting once a month. If there are more then that you should count yourself lucky. If I only post pictures or lame video it is an attempt to appease the masses that hunger for all things Collin and want to know what I might be watching or into at the moment. It is a burden to carry the responsibility of a trend-setter but one I must bear if I am to fight against the Main Stream Media. Do I do that? Oh, wait, I'm thinking of someone else.

As for ME, my Utah relatives were in town this weekend. They consist of my mother's brother, his wife, there last two girls at home - twin seniors in high school, their married daughter who is my age and their two sons - under 4. WOW, did you want to know all that? Nope. Oh well. We hung out, went to dinner, talked, caught up. Ate some more. Split up and say Ocean's 13 and Surf's Up. I saw Ocean's 13 on Friday with friends so went to Surf's Up with the boys instead - cute movie, very mellow.

I feel like I got a lot out of spending time with them. The older boy Braxton (SUCH a Utah name!) got his finger slammed in a door and had to get stitches and a pretty big bandage. He was so cautious about everything after that, carefully using his left hand instead, not using his right except to hold something in his arm against his body like a cup or a light saber. What got me was not only how conscientious he was about it but how well he adapted. If I were as conscientious about the personal wounds I carry, letting them heal rather than trying to use them in spite of being broken, I believe I would have greater success and more quickly recover from injuries I inflict myself and from others. I hope I would cause less harm too, because I would be more sympathetic.

No comments: