This.Is.The.Beginning.End.

_______________________________________________

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Home Alone IV

There is certainly something freudian about sleeping in your parents bed. Hopefully less so when the alternative is a thirty year-old pull out sofa inhereted from my grandmother in a make shift home-office. And since my parents are out of town until the end of the month I have taken over their room, replete with dirty laundry on the floor and unmade bed. In fact, I should be with my parents at my brother's and his family in Tennessee. If I were any kind of caring sibling I would have quit my job to be there for when his second child is born. But then I think, is that what he would have wanted? And then the Ian in my mind says, "Hey dude, it's cool. I don't care, I just have these 10 days off fore the next 8 months before they probably deploy me and it would have been cool to hang and stuff. You know. But whatever. You're job sounds important, what do you do again? Oh yeah, you make $8 an hour answering phones and watching YOUtube all day. And how are those online classes going? Still working on those same 3 since October? Well, great. Keep at it, you'll get them suckers. Sorry you couldn't make it to be here for the birth of my second daughter. Glad you're employed at all I guess - lazy mooch."
"Huh?" "Oh, just sayed I love you."

"Love you too. How much is a ticket to Tennessee from Tampa?"

1 comment:

Andrew said...

shhhh thinking..... my new favorite thing in the entire world. do you know what is also my favorite? when my mom calls me a few days after my sister had her first child (20 hours of labor, c-section, lots of tears) and asks, have you seen your sister yet? i of course answer no, because although i am the closest in both age and proximity to her, and growing up she was my only support in my artistic endeavors, i was currently trying to release an album of strange dance music to a group of people who would never appreciate it.
so, now the album is released; people were confused, and have a gone to see her yet? NEOOOOOPE. the good thing is, my mom is throwing me a birthday party tomorrow at margot's house, and i am very inclined to be there. $$$$$$$